info at boxed art media dot com
boxed art media, LLC was developed to address the needs of the community from which it sprang.
The company began to support the Musicians' Access Web Radio (M.A.W.R.)which provides a publicly available internet radio station for artists. It began as one of the first internet stations in Austin, TX. But it was not know widely.
In addition to the radio station, M.A.W.R. also provided links to various resources such as musician affiliate programs, legal documentation and archives for both the US and UK, and links to companies providing musician related services, such as distribution and publication.
Since the people at boxed art media, LLC are all lovers of music and are also musicians, the company branched off into a record label as well in order to support local unsigned artists. 508 Records (a.k.a, 508 Park Avenue Records) focuses on artists who have a vision and the determination to make it a reality, but who simply need help in caputring and polishing their ideas for release.
boxed art media also has two other functional units. The first is Sister Doula, which specializes in birth and postpartum doula services. Operated by a practicing doula, the focus is always on the best outcome for the client family.
Finally, boxed art media also provides computer consutling and support, web page design and graphics arts support. boxed art media provides the umbrella of support for the various units within it in an effort to be self contained and efficient in order to be the most cost efficient solution for all of our clients, friends and artists.
- 1999 - Musicians' Access formed to be an online resource for local musicians
- 2006 - boxed art media formed - a media company focusing on music, graphics and film.
- 2008 - boxed art media forms an LLC to take the business to the next level.
- 2008 - 508 Park Avenue Records formed - a musician's label, which focuses on the sound of the song/album/artist and not on the "quarterly profit center" so prevalent in the mainstream music industry.
- 2009 - Signed artist Omen Wolfgang to the label and began recording his 508 Park Avenue Records debut.
- 2009 - Signed artist Jesse Monaghan to the label and began work on his first full length album.
- 2010 - Signed artist Ses to the label, completed recording Wolfgang's album; recorded Ses's first album...
- 2010 - Omen Wolfgang's 6 studio alum, "The Wolfgang Chronicles" is released just in time for Christmas.
- 2011 - Ses' debut album, "Monster Come Alive", is released right before Valentine's day and he does a CD Release party in Kerrville at the Shriner College "Black History Month" celebration.
- 2011 - Geno Stroia ii is signed to the label in August. His solo debut album, "From The Hip" is released in December at Momo's on 6th Street.
- 2012 - Jesse's debut album, "JD" is released with a rockin' blend of slick guitar leads and soulful melodies.
- 2012 - Kevin Northen signed to the label. He is in preproduction gearing up for a Spring 2014 release.
- 2012 - Signed Foster Davis to the label. He is a soulful song writer with a message of light.
- 2013 - Mixing Day vs. Night's debut LP, a follow up to their 2011 EP
- 2013 - Mixing Foster Davis' debut solo release, "Love...", available Fall 2013